International Leisure and Tourism Studies
Type of DegreeMA/ Dual MA & MSc
The Master of International Leisure & Tourism Studies is grounded on an integrated leisure concept and is approached from the perspective of economic service management.
Students can opt to specialise in any one of the following Leisure and Tourism related fields:
- Events & Conventions
- Culture & Arts
The Master of International Leisure & Tourism Studies focuses primarily, but not exclusively, on the public and semi-public sector at local and regional level. Our graduates typically find jobs in the field of:
- Policy & Planning (e.g. policitymakers at local, regional and national level);
- Management consultancy in larger Leisure & Tourism companies, such as hotel chains and leisure parks;
- Research & Education (e.g. lecturer in tourism, or to do a PhD);
- Consultancy & Development (e.g. at a consultancy firm or research institute);
- Management & coordination of the interests of different industries and stakeholders (e.g. in NGOs and other intermiary, bi-lateral and multi-lateral organisations).