Business Analytics and Operations Research
This programme teaches generic mathematical models and methods that allow you to solve contemporary decision problems in a wide variety of applications. Examples from logistics include vehicle routing, supply chain optimisation, and inventory management. But there are many other applications, such as donor kidney allocation and optimising tumor treatment plans in the medical field, or dike height optimisation and train scheduling in the public sector.
Because Operations Research and Management Science is predominantly an applied field, you will also develop the skills to successfully apply the theory in practice, and to communicate efficiently with the decision makers.
The MSc in Business Analytics and Operations Research can offer you:
- A degree qualification held in high regard by international organisations that increasingly depend on quantitative methods to support their operations, logistics and supply chain management decision-making.
- Relevant, real-world learning where the emphasis is on solving actual business problems and turning managerial ideas into concrete system specifications, whether it is during in-class exercises or while on an internship in a company.
- Taught by teachers and supervisors that are leading experts in this field from the world-class Tilburg School of Economics.
- Small class-sizes giving you more quality time with approachable and supportive professors and closer interaction with your classmates.
- Learning that challenges and stimulates, where you not only learn to apply existing techniques to solve industry problems but get to develop your own.
There are two start dates available for this Master's programme: end of August and end of January.
The quantitative modelling expertise that you will have gained will open up extensive career opportunities for you in the private sector, as well as in the public and non-profit sectors. Your degree prepares you for a career as Operations Research or Management specialist, in a consultancy firm, a software company, and many other companies. You will also be in an excellent position to pursue a PhD in Operations Research or any related field.
The Master's programme in Operations Research and Management Science is one of the programmes with the best career prospects. Modern developments such as Big Data and Business Analytics have increased the already high demand for specialists in Operations Research and Management Science. It is estimated that within a few years, 4.4 million vacancies will be available worldwide for, among others, graduates in Operations Research and Management Science. It is expected that only 1.5 million of these can be filled.