University: University of Groningen
Course: LLB International & European Law
Which year you are in: 1st year
Home Town in UK:Slough
1. Why did you choose to study abroad?
I chose to study abroad because it different, I have studied in England and I thought it would be good if I try and study/live somewhere else, I get to see new places and meet people from all over the world which is good. Also the fees are cheaper and much more affordable.
2. How would you rate the assistance of the university before you arrived (the application process, finding accommodation, sorting out financial matters)?
I would rate it a 10 out of 10 it was easy to apply and If I was unsure about something I would email someone and get an instant reply.
3. How would you rate the assistance of the university when you arrived (orientation etc)?
Again I would rate it 10 out of 10 they gave as an induction and told us where there offices where in case if we were unsure about something that we could always go there.
4. Did you feel prepared when you arrived and/or what surprised you?
Yes I felt prepared because I already lived away from home and I knew what it was going to be like.
5. How would you rate the learning environment (teaching style, studying with other international students, non-native English speaking lecturers)?
It is very much how I thought it would be, it’s also great because the people who don’t speak English as their first language I help them with English and they help me with their first language, so its great you can learn different languages.
6. Would you recommend studying abroad to a 17-18 year old Brit who might never have thought about it before?
Yes definitely it will be a good experience.
7. Is there anything you wish someone had told you at the time you applied?
8. Would you recommend your course, university, city to British students?